André Lichtenberg (b.1964 - Brazil), currently lives and works in UK.
Lichtenberg is a fine art photographer (with a scientific background). His projects investigate childhood patterns and memories in connection with studies of the environment and architecture. His images are carefully constructed using techniques that fluctuate between science and art. André collaborates with publications such as the Sunday Times magazine, London and Le Monde, Paris. His current project, Within Series II, which created monumental constructed aerial cityscapes of London, New York, Paris & Sao Paulo, has been awarded a couple of grants by the Arts Council England.
Andre's images have been the recipient of several international Prizes & Awards (Aesthetica Art Prize, Renaissance Photography Prize and AOP Awards, to name a few) and exhibited in prestigious art spaces, including: Museu da Republica (Rio de Janeiro - Brazil), Centro Cultural Sao Paulo (Brazil), London Photographers Gallery & Barbican Centre (London).
Lichtenberg's works have become sought-after among art collectors and his artworks are held in numerous private and corporate collections on both sides of the Atlantic.
MA - Photographic Studies - University of Westminster (1995 to 1997) - London - UK
BSC (Hons) First class degree - Photographic & Electronic Imaging Science - University of Westminster (1991 to 1994)
BSC - Civil Engineering - PUCRS (1983 to 1986) - Porto Alegre - Brazil
- 2014 - ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND - Grants for the Art - New Cities - London/NYC
- 2014 - 7th Photography Masters Cup - International Color Awards - Fine Art - USA
- 2014 - Aesthetica Arts Prize - Fenchurch I, from the Within series I - UK
- 2013 - Su-ture 1st edition - 6th place - Gomma Books - UK
- 2013 - Rooms Magazine - Winner of the Darkroom competition, ROOMS 11 - UK
- 2013 - ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND - Grants for the Art - Within Series Paris/London
- 2011 - Terry O'neil Award - Licht series - nominee - UK
- 2011 - International Color Awards - 5th Photography Masters Cup - Fine Art - USA
- 2011 - International Color Awards - 5th Photography Masters Cup - Aerial - USA
- 2011 - Renaissance Photography Prize - Highly commended & exhibitor - UK
- 2011 - Aesthetica Creative Works Annual - Artwork and Photography - UK
- 2010 - AOP Photographers Awards - Personal Environment Series - UK
- 2010 - ICA - 4th Photography Masters Cup - Aerial - USA
- 2009 - ICA - 3rd Photography Masters Cup - Architecture - USA
- 2009 - AOP Photographers Awards - Landscape / Cityscape Series - UK
- 2007 - Terry O'neil Award - Pantanal in Full Moon - nominee - UK
- 2006 - Travel Photographer of the Year - TPOTY - Winner - Wild Category - UK
- 1998 - Independent On Sunday/ - finalist & exhibitor - UK
- 1997 - One Minute Film Festival - finalist & exhibitor - Brazil
- 1996 - Travel Photographer of The Year (TNT - edition) - winner - UK